Tuesday, July 27, 2010

movies I will not do classes on....

When I first conceived this idea, I decided that there were certain movies -- let's call them "obvious" -- which I just would not do a class on. not that they're bad movies, it's just that they are, you know, "obvious."

Then this morning I spied @ food buzz a link to this woman's blog and her list of her "top 10 food movies." I clicked over and it was like she had organized a list of my "don't do" movies. And so I'm reproducing that list for future reference.  

10. Food Inc.
9. The Big Night
8. Sideways
7. Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
6. 9 1/2 Weeks
5. Tortilla Soup
4. Eat Drink Man Woman
3. Like Water for Chocolate
2. Julie & Julia
1. Chocolat

This is to be an adventure, no? Then there is no room for the obvious, only the adventurous!

Can you think of any other "way too obvious" films to add to this list?

11. Ratatouille
12. Simply Irresistible
13. Babette's Feast
14. Mostly Martha
15. The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover
16. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
17. Waitress
18. Soul Food
19. Mystic Pizza
20. Woman on Top

I know I should probably add Tampopo to this list as well, but I'm still undecided (mostly because I love that movie so much).


no! no! no! no!!

2 comments: